I have designed kitchens and bathrooms since I started working in my husband’s architectural firm in 1983. Kitchens have always been my passion since I love to cook. My kitchens are designed to be functional and work well for my Clients while at the same time beautiful to look at.
A large kitchen can look beautiful but not work efficiently for the person who is preparing food in it. A small kitchen with limited space can be designed to look more spacious and pleasing to the eye.
The same principle applies to bathrooms – it should be functional in addition to attractive.
My goal is to get to know you – your tastes, your likes, your dislikes and your life style. Armed with that information, I will provide you with professionally designed project that will meet your requirements, budget and time frame and that will exceed your expectations.
I look forward to meeting with you and designing your dream project.
- I will meet with you and together we will determine what you want to accomplish and if we will make a good team. This meeting is complimentary.
- If you decide to employ my services, I will provide a design contract, which we will both sign.
- I will then come to your house to measure your existing kitchen or bath.
- At that same time, I will gather magazines, pictures, and information that you have collected, which best explain your ideas and dreams for your kitchen or bath.
- I will, based on those ideas and dreams, provide you with 2-3 different floor plan layouts for you to consider.
- We will then have a meeting and go over these floor plans. You will be given an opportunity to think about these for some time before making a decision. I will then make a final floor plan.
- I will make elevations based on this floor plan, so you can see what the kitchen will look like. Sometimes people need to see a perspective drawing, but most of the time the elevations are enough.
- After all the decisions are made, I will complete the drawings with Dimensions and Specifications, which you you can then take to your contractor. If you do not a contractor yet, I can assist you in finding one.
- I can also assist you with your cabinets. I work with Pacific Crest Industries and their lines are Bellmont- 1900 Series and 1600 Series.
- You can also take my drawings to any retail store and ask them for a bid.
- I am happy to help with material choices, colors etc.
- Pricing is based on my hours, and typically runs 5%-8% of the construction cost.
- If the Kitchen or Bath requires structural changes, my husband is a licensed Architect and would be available to evaluate the situation.